Western ND Honor Flight Application and Pre‐Flight Checklist
Western ND Honor Flight is dedicated to honoring and serving our Veterans on this trip of a lifetime to our most senior veterans with an all-expense-paid trip to Washington D.C. This is our way to say “Thank you” for serving our country when our Nation needed you the most and for the sacrifices you made to keep our country safe and free to this day.
About your Memorials
The World War II Memorial honors the 16 million who served in the armed forces of the U.S., the more than 400,000 who died, and all who supported the war effort from home. Symbolic of the defining event of the 20th Century, the memorial is a monument to the spirit, sacrifice, and commitment of the American people.
The Korean War Veterans Memorial located on the Mall in Washington, D.C., is one of the most inspiring War Memorials in our Nation’s Capital. This Memorial, in conjunction with the WWII Memorial and the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, constitute a pyramid of honor to the veterans and those who made the supreme sacrifice in those wars.
The Vietnam Veterans Memorial honors the men and women who served in the controversial Vietnam War; the Vietnam Veterans Memorial chronologically lists the names of more than 58,000 Americans who gave their lives in service to their country.
- Beginning May 7, 2025, every air traveler 18 years of age and older will need a REAL ID-compliant driver’s license, state-issued enhanced driver’s license, or another acceptable form of ID to fly within the United States.
- Applications are logged in the order of when the application is postmarked/received but WWII and Korea Veterans will get priority seating on each flight scheduled.
- If you and another eligible Veteran would like to attend the trip together and a room with each other, please complete and submit the applications together and have it indicated in the notes section on the application.
- Our Flight schedule is usually in the Spring (April, May) and Fall (September, October)
- Once you have been selected to join us on a flight, you will be contacted 1‐2 months prior to the departure date. (Please note that there may be changes in the flight and you may be called at a last minute’s notice if you could join or not).
- We travel with our medical staff to ensure your safety and they will be able to respond to any emergencies. Licensed/Active EMS personnel are traveling with us on this flight in uniform.
- This is an overnight trip and will be returning the next night. You will be rooming with another Veteran or assigned travel companion depending on any special medical issues we notice on your application. All Veterans will have someone to room with overnight and no one will be staying alone due to safety concerns and accountability.
- If you require a wheelchair and need to access the bus lift, please indicate this need on the application.
Our Veterans are accompanied by volunteer travel companions, who join us along the trip to ensure safety and comfort for you. Please note that Travel Companion seats are limited per flight and are reserved for our Veterans needing the most care throughout the trip. We will have D.C. and North Dakota travel companions to assist you for the two days you are on the flight with us if you do not have an assigned travel companion to be with you. Our medical team will be assessing which Veterans will qualify for a personal travel companion and they will be informed on whether they are able to attend or not.
Veteran Application and Pre‐Flight Checklist
Western ND Honor Flight recognizes and honors our local most senior veterans for the sacrifices and achievements by flying them to Washington, DC to see the military memorials at NO COST to the Veteran. Top priority is given to our WWII, Korea, and terminally ill Veterans. For what you and your comrades have given to us, please consider this a small token of appreciation from all of us at Western ND Honor Flight. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!
GENERAL INFORMATION: Your name must match EXACTLY to the government issued picture I.D. that you plan to use at the airport security checkpoints.
MAIL-IN APPLICATIONS: If you would prefer to mail in your application, please download our paper application form. Our mailing address is provided on all the forms. Please note: For mail in applications, date stamp is the date of acceptance. We look forward to hearing from you!
Need more information?
Want to learn more about our organization or have questions? Feel free to contact us…