Duties of a Personal Family Escort
- The escort will stay in the same hotel room with the veteran.
- The escort must be able to push the wheelchair of the veteran always if needed.
- The escort must be able to carry their own luggage as well as the veteran’s.
- The fee for an escort is $1,100.00, which will cover airline, hotel, bus and meals. The escort fee will be paid at the pre-flight meeting or if you unable to attend that meeting, please mail it to the address below.
- While there will be a medical team on the trip, the escort must be knowledgeable of the veteran’s medical concerns and medications.
- Please be aware that the Honor Flight committee may ask you to assist when able with another veteran.
- You must be able to assist with lifting and mobility services to the veteran you are escorting if needed.
- Escort will not leave the veteran unattended at any time.
GENERAL INFORMATION: Your name must match EXACTLY to the government issued picture I.D. that you plan to use at the airport security checkpoints. Beginning October 1, 2020, every air traveler 18 years of age and older will need a REAL ID-compliant driver’s license, state-issued enhanced driver’s license, or another acceptable form of ID to fly within the United States.
ONLINE FORM: Please fill out the online form in it’s entirety. Click the button below to get started.
MAIL-IN APPLICATIONS: If you would prefer to mail in your application, please download our paper application form. Our mailing address is provided on all the forms. Please note: For mail in applications, date stamp is the date of acceptance. We look forward to hearing from you!
Need more information?
Want to learn more about our organization or have questions? Feel free to contact us…